I had seen this candy jar made on another blog. After seeing how simple it was I wanted to make one.
Here are the supplies. The original jar I had seen used the plate that goes with the plant pot for the lid, but I thought it looked too big. So I opted for this wood one (not quite sure what it's supposed to be used for) turns out it fit PERFECTLY for the jar turned upside down.
Half way done. After paining them green (light avocado) I sanded them and applied the antiquing glaze-from lowes. Glued them all together and added some raffia for a bow.
Here is a close up of the distressing.
Besides the glass globe which I got at goodwill for 50 cents, the rest came from hobby lobby. I already had the glaze and the glue. Total cost around 5 bucks. Use your coupon!



1 comment:
LOVE IT! I also love the quote on the plate by the candy jar.
Post a Comment