Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

October 10, 2010

An Amazing Weekend!

L to R top row: Torrey, Katie, Shannon, Susie, Melissa, Sarah, Jennifer, Shari
L to R bottom: Stephanie, Coreen, Tanna, Rosemary

I just had the opportunity along with some great friends to attend the Time Out For Women that was in Plano, TX. This years theme was "Infinite Hope." The messages shared by all the speakers were so uplifting. I left feeling just that HOPE. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who is scared for the future of my children growing up in a world where there is so much wickedness or that I'm the only one who has kids that don't listen or talk back. Then you go to Time Out For Women and see such a large gathering of women who like you are dealing with the same hopes and dreams and doubts.

I wanted to share some of the inspired words from the speakers that were there.

Virginia Hinckley Pearce: In the end of our lives we want to say.....I trusted God and I used His atonement. Get out of the business of comparing, its the fast track to misery. Only you have your own mission to complete.
DeAnne Flynn: By starting each day with a morning devotional (prayer, scripture reading) the heavens will be open. Are we in too big of a hurry to be blessed by the Lord?
"If you want your kids to stay on the ground add some responsibility to their shoulders"
-unknown author

DeAnne is the tall blonde in the middle

Emily Freeman: To see a good day, change your perspective. Our eyes only see what we want them to see.
Wendy Alrich: Don't try to feel happy, try to feel grateful. Stop worrying about weaknesses, build on your strengths.
" Everything will be alright in the end, if it's not alright, then it's not the end."
Mariama Kallon: Was raised in war-torn Sierra Leone, and she witnessed her parents murder and the loss of her siblings to the hands of rebels. Even after all she had to endure instead of feeling hatred and anger-her experiences turned her to Christ. She was such an inspiration and made me realize that what I have is A LOT! I am so blessed to have been born and live in America.


Brad Wilcox: Many say they have been saved by grace, have we been 'changed' by grace? Heaven will not be heaven for those who have not chosen to be heavenly.
Hilary Weeks: was one of the musical presentations. Her music was so inspiring-take a listen, If I Only Had Today .



2011 tour is

Choose to Become: "All things are possible to him that believeth"-Mark 9:23

They'll be here in April in San Antonio-it would be a great girls weekend! Just throwing it our there :)

1 comment:

Berry Family said...

Ahhh! I had no idea you went again. I am going again in Nov with some friends to the Salt Lake one. Very super excited for it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails