I got the idea to make this from one of my favorite blogs Thrifty Decor Chick. I tell you that once she posted how to make this and what she used, Hobby Lobby was sold out of all supplies. Finally on my last trip, they had the boxwood sprigs. Yay!
I started with a vase I already had and painted it in three steps (I didn't get a before picture but the vase was a shiny hunter green.)- First I painted with white primer, second I sponged it with a brown glaze I already had and third I applied the antique glaze to highlight the dimensions.
Now the fun part-this is a little tedious but so worth it.
I ended up using four of the boxwood sprigs- I made mine very full and attached them close together. Make sure if it's not tight and full, you paint your foam ball a dark color so it wont show through in the spaces.
No cutting is involved with these sprigs just pop off each segment. I found it went a lot quicker if I pre poked the holes with a wooden skewer. I put a dab of hot glue on each spring and then stuck them in-working in groups of threes. After I did three, I would turn the vase and do another three. Working in different sections all the way around and up until done.




2 comments:
I Love decorating with Topiaries. What you have created is so beautiful! I love it! Keep posting. Your inspiration is inspiring.
You are so crafty! I love all your projects! I can't wait until I am done with school and can actually do something else besides studying!
Post a Comment