Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

July 25, 2010

Star Spangled Banner Cake


Okay so technically this cake doesn't have any stars but I thought the title was fitting. This is by far the most surprising cake I have made. From the outside, you would have no idea what is inside. We had some neighbors over when we ate this and they were so shocked-it was a big hit! To explain the process of how to make this is quite confusing so here is a link to have a visual explanation which is a lot easier to understand. Here is the link to the original creator of this cake. You have to see how beautiful hers turned out.

Our new tradition-Celebrate America's birthday with a very American Cake

Tips:
1. Make two cake mixes but put into three pans instead of four.
2. Gel/paste food coloring is the way to go. The colors turned out perfect.
2. You have to level off the layers-refer to pictures above, I didn't do such a great job.
3. Cream cheese frosting is soooo.... good on this and covers the colors well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails