Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

March 11, 2009

Quick Trip to Utah

I just had the opportunity to go to Utah for a quick five days- my "little" brother was ordained an Elder. Damone was such a trooper in letting me go without the kids. It was so nice to have a break and to visit with family I don't get to see very often. We were able to have dinner one night with Damone's sisters and their families, I can't believe how fast the nieces and nephews grow up.
I know this seems ridiculous that I took pictures of the snow since I grew up in Utah and saw it all the time, but my kids haven't. So I took these pictures for them because it snowed all day Monday and this is what we woke up to Tuesday.




My brother Todd (the one in the middle) was ordained an elder and received the Melchizedek Priesthood. I am so proud of him I just can't tell him enough. Todd is very ambitious and does not take anything lightly. So it is with the priesthood. He just isn't the type to go and do something because he is of age or it is the thing he is "supposed to do." Todd has taken preparing for the priesthood and to be a missionary very seriously and I knew the day would come where he felt he had prepared himself in such a way that would not only please him but also the Lord. He is such an amazing person and I look up to him so much. I am so grateful for the relationship we have and feel so blessed that I was able to be there and share this spiritual experience with him.
Congratulations again Todd.

3 comments:

Tara said...

That is wonderful! It's fun to see your cute family, Tanna. I have to say, I'd rather see snow in pictures than in person outside my door.

Berry Family said...

It was so good to see you! We missed Damone & the ids, but we will see them in the summer. I can't believe how big Ryan & Jamie's kids are. Everyone looks so good!

Shi and Family said...

Aren't you glad you do not live in the snow! I do not miss the snow one bit and Tim is pretty set on moving to Utah one day... But I do love looking at it in pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails