Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

March 02, 2011

Dove

I wanted to share an amazing website and foundation dedicated to reviewing movies so that people can make an informed decision whether or not to see a movie. Dove.org  They list anything and everything you would potentially find offensive or inappropriate from language to violence to nudity even down to disrespect dialogue between parent and child or name calling. It's great and it's saved us from wasting time and money from going to the theater only to be disappointed. I'm the first to admit that I've been to movies before where I probably should have got up and left but then you start justifying why it's okay to stay (they only said it once, I already paid, blah blah blah). That's what I love about going to Dove first, it saves me from regret. If I've read the movies says the "F" word or has nudity etc how I can I justify going? 

Try it out, you'll never view a movie the same and you better question yourself and your standards if you choose not to check it out because of that. :)

Check for the symbol on rental movies.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails