This whole situation of Lydia being hurt and very upset, showing up with a policeman at our door really shook Kyler up so he started crying and feeling bad for Lydia and wanting hugs and comfort while I'm trying to clean up blood and get ice packs where they need to be.
Later that day after the dust settled Lydia was practicing violin to get ready for her lesson, and it was the whole routine of I hate practicing, I hate the violin, why did I ever want to start...........blah blah blah. So what should've been a 15 minute practice ended up being an hour of me leaving and "I'll come back when you're ready"-did I mention how much I hate this? So needless to say dinner did not get made. Mmmmm peanut butter sandwiches are good for lunch and dinner-not. When we came out of practicing Lydia just starts throwing this full fledged tantrum-am I the only one with a 7 year old who still throws the crying on the floor tantrum? Damone and I just looked at each other like what happened coming from one room to the next?
So while she is having her fit, Damone then begins to tell me of the "fun" he had while I was with Lydia. He got home from work and was putting the trash on the street when one of our neighbors down the road comes over and says, " Is your son the one who rides the tricycle? We came home today and found all our lights were pulled up from the ground and all the stakes were in a pile." (He was informed of who did it by a neighbor who saw Cooper doing it and asked him to stop and when she went back in I guess he finished the job.) They had already put the lights back up and they were just letting Damone know what happened and the guy said to Cooper, "how is Santa supposed to find our house if we don't have our lights up?" Cooper came running in the house crying while the same neighbor pointed out our across the street neighbor and that some of his lighted snowflakes were up staked and laying the ground. Damone came back in and got Cooper and they went across the street to knock on the door, to let them know what happened and to apologize. (Cooper did confess to all of this by the way.) Everyone was very nice about the whole thing but I know that we are now labeled "those neighbors." Three separate neighbors were involved two of which we don't really know that well. I am embarrassed to leave the house. You can bet we are taking a plate or TWO of Christmas goodies to their houses.
I went to violin with Lydia and Damone went shopping with the boys had a "wonderful time"-I'm being sarcastic. So Lydia and Cooper got sent to bed early for their behavior and back talking. Good times, I make record of this to rub it in their faces when one day they are dealing with the same thing.



5 comments:
What happened to Lydia? How did she get hurt and why was there police involved?
Glad Lydia is okay. What a rough & sad thing for her. You are not alone on the being labeled "those neighbors" I have a story for you that I will have to share about Jovie.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I can laugh now, because I can only imagine how you feel! But it was a very interesting post to read! And one day (probably sooner than later) you can laugh at me and my children!
PS the laugh is not intended for Lydia. I am glad she was wearing her helmet and I hope she recovers quickly!!
It feels so good to know there are others whose daughter still throws "on the floor" tantrums even though they should be more mature, and whose son sneaks into people's yards and pulls things up they are not supposed to. We are right there with you!
Take heart...you've always been, "those neighbors". Ha Ha...just kidding. That plate of Shumard goodies can right all wrongs! Glad Lydia is okay. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment