Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

October 29, 2010

Spooky House o' Lantern



The kids and I have had a lot of fun this year with Halloween. We have made pumpkin men (thanks to Lydia's craftiness) and a skeleton made from paper plates and giant spiders made from balled up paper and straw legs-then spray painted.

So when I saw this House o' lantern on Family Fun, I wanted to make one too. It's called this year I'm not 9 months pregnant. :)

I didn't take any pictures of the process-I have to admit I didn't think it was going to turn out. Instead of using card board like the directions said, I started out with a dollar store black plastic tablecloth. Measured all the windows and cut those dimensions from the tablecloth. Next I laid all the pieces down on the floor side by side like the actual windows. I drew the jack o' lantern face on all the pieces using chalk making sure to go BIG. Then I cut out the face and hung each window one by one with tape.

I opted not to hang orange behind the face like the directions just for time sake and I wasn't sure the light would show up bright enough.

The kids love it. Every night when we turn the light on to make it glow the kids say "Okay now lets go out and see our pumpkin face." See our paper plate skeleton in the other window?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails