Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

September 13, 2010

Thrifty Window Treatment-Living Room Before and After


You'll never believe what I made these curtains out of-A table cloth and 8 napkins! And the curtain rod is PVC pipe. I was going to get rid of the table linens and decided I had to be able to use them some other way, it's just so much fabric. I sewed four napkins to the short side of the table cloth. See the crease in the picture below, that is where I folded it over the rod-lengthwise. I spray painted the PVC pipe to match the wall sconces I got.


I needed a very long rod 116" to be exact. I was not going to pay the price to get one. Lowes had a 112" rod for $70, who knows what it was going to cost me to actually get the size I needed. Enter the PVC pipe at $3.40!!! This is the only way I am hanging curtains from now on. I splurged on the sconces they were $24 but still less than the rod would have cost me. After I got the rod hung I put the cloth on- folded lengthwise. I cut three pieces of ribbon and tied them to make the scallops and it worked perfectly-the side ribbons cover the seam of the napkins.
And there you have it a COMPLETE window treatment for under $30.

1 comment:

Berry Family said...

AMAZING! I love the classy look of it. Way to go Tanna!

Related Posts with Thumbnails