Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

September 18, 2010

Kyler #5 Birthday-Barn Cake

Damone was out of town on Kyler's actual birthday so the lucky little guy got to celebrate his birthday twice-there was no complaining about that.

Kyler kept saying for months that he wanted a batman cake and the last two weeks he changed his mind saying he wanted a rodeo cake because we were going to the rodeo. So I made a barnyard cake for him. It was actually pretty easy to make and he LOVED it!

I made the cake using a 9x13 pan and cut 1/4 of it off. I used the 1/4 piece I just cut and then cut that in half stacking them to make the barn. I colored the icing and coconut green for the grass and I used a cherry frosting for the barn ( I needed a bright red for the barn so starting with an icing that is already pink doesn't need as much tint added.) Yes, I cheated this time and used store bought icing but I made the cake all in one day-usually I do it over two days. The fence is mini twix and kit kats.


We went to the rodeo as a family and the kids loved it. The hour before we left, it was raining so everything was muddy which = one inch of mud stuck to the bottom of everyones' shoes. Yuck! The boys loved the roping tricks and the acrobats the women riders could do while riding the horse. Kyler, Cooper and Lydia all participated in the kids stampede, chasing after a ribbon attached to a calf's tail trying to be the one to pull it off. Well no one pulled the ribbon off but they didn't leave the aren with nothing-an inch of something else was stuck to the bottom of their shoes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only was that cake super cute - but super yummy too!

Way to go!

Emily Hamilton said...

Happy Birthday Kyler! Looks so fun!
Tanna, that is one amazing cake, you are so talented.

Related Posts with Thumbnails