Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

September 30, 2010

I Can't Help But Remember

Every now and again something will spark all the memories, pain, grief and sadness I felt when Maloree died. I've had a new calling at church for the last few months to work with the Nursery age kids (18months-3 years.) I am really enjoying it, I see it through new eyes now that I have children of my own and they are older, the last time I was in nursery I only had Lydia.

Right now the kids who are coming into Nursery are the age Maloree would have been if she were here. I can't help but watch them and think about the things I never will see her do. I truly felt her near me in nursery on Sunday and was overcome with the love my Heavenly Father has for me. Even though it is still hard at times, I know I am blessed beyond what I probably deserve. I know that this life is but a small moment and I just need to endure it well. I pray that I take advantage of every little moment I am blessed to have with my family.

1 comment:

Berry Family said...

Mom, Grandma & I were just talking about having those random memories, "empty" feelings, etc. when loosing someone. I am a HUGE believer that she was there with you giggling, sitting by you & smiling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails