When I find a great recipe that tastes great and is fool proof, I just have to share it with you all. These Snickerdoodles definitely fit that criteria. They have that great outer crisp with the soft, moist cake center.
Snickerdoodles
1 Cup butter, softened
1 1/2 Cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter (I substituted 2 tsp. white vinegar)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tb. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cream together butter, 1 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix flour, cream of tarter, soda and salt in separate bowl. Then blend into wet ingredients (this is when I added the vinegar) Don't over mix.
*Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Mix the 2 Tb. sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes. (Mine were perfect at 8.30) The cookies should be slightly puffy when you get them out, but set around the edges.
*Just a side note, I never have cream of tarter, probably never will, who knows. That is why I substituted it with the vinegar and it worked fabulously. I also am not a fan of rolling dough into balls so I just scooped with my cookie scoop, plopped them into the sugar/cinnamon and put them on the pan-worked like a charm.
Enjoy!



2 comments:
I know you don't know me, but I know Damone from Ft. Wayne :) I tried these cookies and DANG! My kids loved them and my hubby (who is a police officer) took a few into the station with him and the other officers pounded them! Thanks for sharing! Wish I would have seen your comment on using your cookie scooper instead of rolling them sooner :)
HEY SIS thanks for posting this recipe it's funny because I've been craving these and have been wanting to make these so Jaden can have a treat in his sack lunch so I'll try it and let you know.
LOvE Ya LOts!!!
Post a Comment