Angel Baby
A heartbeat falls silent.
Tiny eyes close.
A miniature body No longer grows.
Mommy is shattered.
Daddy is sad.
Fate has erased the plans that they had.
Through all of the grief that leaves their hearts torn,
There's peace in knowing
An angel was born.
(unknown author)
On December 22, 2008 we went into the doctors office for our routine ultrasound at 19 weeks and our little baby had no heartbeat. Our sweet little girl was born still on December 24, 2008. The cord was pinched right as it entered her belly. Damone and I held her and loved her for those few moments we had. She was beautiful, her features looked like Lydia and Cooper and she had Kyler's toes. She weighed 4.5 ounces and was 8 inches long.
We know her life had purpose. We have had so many spiritual experiences during the pregnancy and afterwards that we know this was the Lord's plan. Although this knowledge doesn't make the pain any easier to bear, we know our little Maloree will be with us forever, she is just on the other side of the veil preparing for our Savior's return.
Some Only Dream of Angels, We Held One in Our Arms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel! Gosh I don't even know what to say. I'm so sad for you guys. You have such a great outlook on life and death. You are a great example to me.
I am so sorry, Tanna. I pray that the Lord continues to give you and your family peace during this time.
I must say, I LOVE the namy you guys picked for her. It is so cute. We love you & know that you are in our prayers.
We were so sad to hear of your loss. It is a hard thing to go through but the knowledge of your eternal family will guide you through the saddness. If you ever need to talk I am always here even if all you need is a shoulder to cry on. We love you guys and our prayers are with your family. Love, The Andersons
Wow........ we have you in our prayers. That is a hard loss but know that heavenly father is with you and Damon and your family. I am sure gayle and Larry are with you as well. Take care......
So sorry for your loss Tanna. It is wonderful knowledge we have of our Heavenly Fathers plan, that you will be able to hold her again for eternity. I love you and know that you are in my prayers.
Sorry to hear about your sweet baby Maloree. Jay and I loss our baby Katherine at 22 weeks. There is an organization that we got involved with that has been a blessing to our lives. It's called SHARE and the website is:
http://www.nationalshare.org/
Our prayers are with you.
Steph & Jay
Shumard Family,
You are in our prayers. What a hard trial you have been given, but the Lord knows you and will help you get through it. I know that this wont change how hard this is for you, but one of my favorite things to read during hard times is a talk by Elder Wirthlin. The most comforting part to me says:
"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come." -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
We love you!
What a beautiful poem and I love the comment at the end. You have been doing so well with it all. We love ya'll!!!
This post made me cry. I am so sorry! We will keep you in our prayers. What a tough thing to go through, I can't even imagine how hard that would be. You are such great examples to me of strength and faith. Your angel baby is perfect. I love her name.
We are thinking of you!
P.S. Did you write the poem?
Post a Comment