Damone and I have been happily married since January 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Our most treasured and sacred moments have been shared with our beautiful children- Lydia, Kyler, Cooper, Maloree, and Lincoln. They are our greatest blessings and truly make life worth living.

September 22, 2008

Lydia's First Day of School




Okay so we finally got blog savvy and figured it out thanks to Sam and a lot of trial and error.
Anyways we wanted to start by posting Lydia's first day of school which started in August. We all went with her on the first day and walked her down the long hallway to drop her off at her class. As soon as we got to the door Lydia walked right in and said ,"bye I know where my desk is." Damone and I just looked at each other thinking that was a lot easier than we had planned. So we said our I love yous and left, as everyone else was crying and hugging and reassuring their child everything was going to be alright. We couldn't have asked for a better transition.
She has been going for a whole month now and is learning so much. She really enjoys her teacher and the new friends she has made. Mom, Kyler and Cooper (and sometimes dad) go and have lunch with her once a week and she feels so grown up showing us her school and telling Kyler "goodbye, I'll see you when I get home from school." She is growing up so fast. Lydia gets some one on one time with mom every morning as they walk to school and it is such a blast. Lydia still however struggles every morning waking up when it is still dark outside. Yeah that's right still dark outside. She wakes up at 6:30am to make it to school at 7:30am. She is such a trooper and has really adjusted well to the all day kindergarten.

5 comments:

Berry Family said...

Yay! The blog looks great! I can't believe Lydia is in school. She looks so cute and has grown so much. Love ya guys.

Brad Hyde Family said...

Ya!!! I am glad that you have a blog. Your kids look darling. Isn't this school thing cool...Emma loves it! Anyway, looks like you guys are doing great!

Allison said...

I am so excited you guys are on the blogging train! It is the best way to keep in touch! I am so excited to see you rcute family and keep in touch this way. Miss you guys!!!

Mandie said...

Hey Tanna! Glad you got a blog! The black and white theme is great.

Visit out blog sometime! www.brianmandieabby.blogspot.com

Emily Hamilton said...

Oh my goodness, you're little girl is in kindergarten! Lydia is adorable! You have such a beautiful family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails